Electronic Communications Guidelines
The following guidelines are generally applicable to all electronic communications between you and Copper Financial (“CuFi”) and its associated persons:
- Please do not send any personal non-public information to CuFi via unsecure email (e.g. account number, bank account information, SSN, driver’s license number, etc.). Information may not be secure when transmitted electronically.
- CuFi reserves the right, to the extent required and/or permitted by applicable law, to monitor all electronic communications (including, but not limited to, email and social media); retain such electronic communications in a manner and at locations within CuFi’s discretion (including outside the United States); and reproduce such electronic communications to state, federal, or other regulatory agencies or as otherwise required to.
- CuFi has engaged its affiliates and various unaffiliated third-parties to provide CuFi with Electronic Communications platforms. By communicating with CuFi, you consent to communicating with CuFi through these platforms, which may include access by these affiliates and third-parties to such Electronic Communications.
- CuFi makes no representation or warranty that electronic messages will be confidential. Electronic messages may be intercepted or accessed by unauthorized or unintended parties, may not arrive at the intended destination, or may not arrive in the form transmitted.
- In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, CuFi may record telephone conversations or voicemails with outside parties. By communicating with CuFi, you consent to the voice recording of conversations with personnel of CuFi.
- CuFi does not accept trade requests, orders, or instructions through written electronic communications and any trade request, orders, or instructions received by CuFi or its financial professionals in such a manner will not be acted upon. All trade requests, orders, and instructions must be received verbally by an appropriately-registered CuFi financial professional.
- Electronic communications may be delayed and cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, or error free. Information provided speaks only as of its date.
- The data contained in a communication may be obtained from a variety of sources and may be subject to change. Sources used are considered to be reliable however, CuFi does not guarantee that the material is accurate or a complete statement of all available data necessary for making an investment decision.
- CuFi financial professionals may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions for which they and CuFi are properly registered and/or licensed, as required by the respective jurisdictions. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services offered by CuFi are available in every state. Investors outside of the US are subject to the securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on this site. Contact your financial professional for information and availability.
- To the extent you have received any marketing communications and do not wish to continue receiving these types of communications, please contact the sender or CuFi at email@example.com or (913) 905-3600.
Social MediaIn addition to the above, the following guidelines apply to the use of social media by CuFi and our financial professionals and the interaction you have with us through social media:
- CuFi retains interactions (including private messages, comments, etc.) you have with us or our financial professionals on social media networks in a manner and at locations decided by CuFi, and reproduce such electronic communications to state, federal, or other regulatory agencies.
- Views expressed in posts made by CuFi to social media networks that are links or interactions with third-parties are the current opinion of the third-party, and not necessarily those of CuFi or your financial professional. The author’s opinions are subject to change without notice.
- Do not share non-public personal information through social media comments or messages.
- If you have a specific question on your account or a product or service offered by CuFi please call or email your financial professional. Do not submit transaction requests via social media; they will not be honored.
- CuFi and our financial professionals may not be able to respond to a comment due to regulatory requirements.
- The following types of comments may be deleted by CuFi:
- Deemed to be a copyright issue or offensive material as defined under the “Good Samaritan” safe harbor of the Communications Decency Act;
- Deemed to contain false, misleading, or fraudulent information;
- Disclosure of nonpublic information relating to a CuFi financial professional, Credit Union, CuFi or any other party; or,
- Content deemed a testimonial as defined by the SEC.
- CuFi is a registered investment advisor as well as a broker-dealer and member of FINRA. Interactions with CuFi on social media networks by third-parties, such as “likes” or comments, must not be considered representative of all client experiences, or indicative of future performance or success.
- CuFi is not permitted to solicit endorsements of its investment advisory services via interactions on social media and asks you to refrain from doing so.